Sunday, January 22, 2006

Zero = Hero

I finally tried that new Coca-Cola Zero this weekend. Wow, it's great! I really love the taste of regular Coke. Does anyone still call it Coca-Cola Classic? I guess I'm dating myself by revealing that I remember the New Coke debacle quite well. But I digress... I love the taste of real Coke, but can't possibly justify the 3 (can) or 5 (20 oz bottle) points to have it. And the combination of sugar and caffeine in real Coke often makes me kinda sick, a little too racy and headache-y. But I really don't like the taste of Diet Coke much at all. I like Diet Cherry Coke, which I drink sometimes, but for my soda fix I usually stick to Diet Sprite Zero. But now that I've tasted Coke Zero, I'm gonna have to work it into my routine! It's delicious, and the caffeine and aspartame combo didn't make me sick. Ah, now if only it didn't stain the teeth....

3 comments:

ScottE. said...

I've tried it and didn't like it. But what I've grown really fond of and even have J-lo drinking on rare occasions!!! Is the Diet Coke with Splenda. Of all the Diet Cokes, to me, it tastes the most like regular coke...which is why J is willing to have it if it's in the house. It tastes nothing like the "regular" diet coke.

Lady Brandenburg said...

I haven't tried Zero yet, but my coworker who is trying to lose weight has a 12 pack of it in her office - maybe I'll bum one. I like Diet Coke, so that's what I drink, but I don't LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

I, on the other hand, think that Diet Coke with Splenda tastes like crap, and I can't get enough of the Coke Zero. I guess everyone's got their own crazy taste buds.