Monday, January 09, 2006

I <3 Sushi

I made it through two meals out today and still did pretty well. Lady B, you were right, there's very little choice at Cosi. I had the signature salad with chicken (I counted it as 12 points - yikes!) plus 1/2 a piece of the Cosi bread (another 3 points). Luckily, my dinner date with the girls was much better. Sushi! I ate a huge amount of food - miso soup, California rolls, and 2 pieces each of tuna, shrimp and yellowtail nigiri sushi - for just 9 points. Booyeah!

Sushi is absolutely the best thing to get while dining out on a diet. Next time, though, I want to make sure to go to a place that has my favorite, Tom Yum soup. We went to Sushi Taro tonight, which is a bit on the expensive side and does not have Tom Yum. I like that cheaper, neighborhood place at the Woodley Park metro... hooray for sushi happy hour prices!

3 comments:

Anandi said...

Yeah, sushi is great for WW. We have some awesome places here in Seattle, and it's interesting enough food that I could eat it *every* time we go out. I just have to remind myself not to get tempura, and try to stay away from the sushi rolls made w/ deep fried stuff (spider roll is my fave!)

Mandy said...

Mmm...sushi.

One of many things I won't be having while I'm here. We'll have to go out for some when I'm home. And I love me some miso soup!

Stef said...

Yeah, Anandi, you still have to make good sushi choices. I avoid the avocado as much as I can, except for the little bit in California rolls.