Thursday, January 12, 2006

I'm Growing Gills

I'm now on Day 11 of Weight Watchers and I have had seared or raw tuna about 6 times. I love tuna, don't get me wrong, but even I am getting a little tired of it. I've had Teaism's tuna bento box (several times), sushi, ahi tuna salad, and a seared tuna appetizer. It's usually a pretty good option at restaurants, and tends to be lower in points than most of the other choices. And it's a great source of protein, which is often harder to find when you're counting points or calories. I don't even want to think about the mercury thing... I'm glad that tuna's out there in the world for me, but I think I need a little break. Maybe it's time to choose salmon?

3 comments:

Lady Brandenburg said...

Do you eat meat?

It is hard to know what to order from restaurants because who knows what they're doing to the food back there. Tuna, salmon and shrimp are pretty safe.

At home my favorite proteins to cook up are shrimp, chicken, 99% or 93% lean ground turkey, 97% lean ground beef, pork tender loin and ground pork. Sometimes I splurge and get the reduced fat summer sausage (that's what my husband calls it, I call it kielbasa) made from turkey. It's kind of a lot of points for about half of one, but yummy and filling.

Went to Safeway today - found one point WW brand Whitman's sampler dark chocolate mint thingys. They look yummy. I'm going to bring them to work as a post-lunch sweet.

Stef said...

Hey-

Yes, after years of saying no I can actually say that I do eat meat. And I tend to go for a lot of the things you mentioned. Whenever I cook at home, it's chicken or lean ground turkey. I've made my own chili and Hamburger Helper with turkey for years. And I *love* the Butterball turkey kielbasa! You're right, it is a lot of points for a 1/2 of it, but so worth it! Sometimes, you just want some smoky, salty, meat, you know? :-)

Unknown said...

Hello Stef-

I actually just found your blog because I was trying to find the nutrional info on Teaism. if you're looking for a healthy and filling choice from Teaism, I just had their curry lentil soup, with a side of their cucumber-ginger salad and Moroccan iced tea. It was a create combination of hearty-tangy-refreshing, and it's very filling- I'm on the verge of a food coma right now. For me, it's hard to NOT get the chicken bento box- but now that I'm doing WW, I think the soup is a decent alternative.