Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Looks Tasty

Ray Ray was just making one of her "healthful" meals. (That makes me cringe every time she says it.) She was going for a low-carb thing, and she made a very tasty looking meal that was shockingly similar to something Scotte made me for dinner once.

Ray Ray's dish was poached grouper, covered with diced tomatoes and basil, with a side dish of "Mediterranean succotash" and a dessert of melon, berries, and fat-free sorbet. It all looked great. I had no idea that's what succotash was, just sauteed veggies and beans. I thought it was something starchy, I don't know why.

When I was on the South Beach Diet, Scotte was his very supportive self and made a low-carb dinner for me once. He made poached tilapia covered with diced tomatoes and ... some spice? The one that's licorice-flavored? Plus he did a side of blanched green beans that were gorgeous. Ray Ray's meal looked a lot like this...which makes me wonder. Was Scotte making a variation of Ray Ray's recipe? Or, is Scotte just that much of a brilliant chef that he could easily have a show of his own?!? I think it's the latter!

I'm glad I caught this episode, cuz it gave me some more good ideas for things to do to increase the variety of what I'm eating on WW. I don't cook elaborate meals, as has been established, but I could see myself doing pared down versions of all three of the things she prepared. The succotash was intriguing. Hello, all vegetables and beans!!!

3 comments:

ScottE. said...

I don't remember where I got that recipe, I don't think it was a Rachel one. The herb was Tarragon. A really simple thing you could do...seriously simple...take a filet, frozen is ok, place on some foil, add a few TB of chopped, diced tomatoes, some fresh herbs, a little lemon juice, S/P, seal up the foil, place in the oven for a little bit and done......!

Stef said...

Ooooh, that does sound easy! And Whole Foods sells individually-wrapped frozen filets of several kinds of fish. I may actually try this one!

ScottE. said...

The same thing applies to chicken breasts.

This link will take you to a little post from I HATE BROCCOLI about cooking this way:

http://beep.dailyherald.com/node/1354

And how to do it with Chicken breasts...frozen no less! More affordable.