Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Applebee's Revisited

Have you all seen the new Applebee's commercials? Apparently they have revised their menu and now offer several Weight Watchers-friendly items. The dishes look pretty good, and it would be fairly revolutionary to go to a restaurant and be able to know and trust in the Points-value of what you're ordering. I usually scorn Applebee's and its brethren, since I'm usually not into big chains, and it all just reminds of me of when I lived in Richmond and there were no other options. But, I admit it, this kind of makes me want to check them out again. I know, I'm just proof that their new marketing campaign is working.... but, heck, maybe I won't scoff the next time I pass by one of their restaurants. Although, I don't even know where there are any in the DC area.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have tried a few of the WW entrees at Applebees, and they're not bad. The portions are really dinky (as would be expected), but it is nice to not have to think! The choco-raspberry cake is really tasty (though also really dinky!)

Does DC even have an Applebees? I think one might have to travel all the way to VA to find one!

ScottE. said...

I know there is an Applebees out Route 1 in VA. There is an Applebees...funny...on Route 1 in College Park. Also out by us in College Park is a Chinese Restaurant that has a WW friendly options, with their points listed. Only been there once and their regular menu is tasty, so maybe the other stuff is as well.

Blue Dog Art said...

Falls Church (city) on Rte. 7

Lady Brandenburg said...

Yeah, I think you have to go to the 'burbs for Applebees.

Beware the one on Route 1 in Springfield, VA. It is so filthy, and oogy, and everything you hate about chain restaurants. In fact going there a few months ago with my weirdo mother in law was a huge mistake (she was in town from England - I was like "you live in England and when you come to the States you want to go to Applebees!?") It turned me off to Applebees maybe for life. There are so many restaurant choices in the DC area, why go to a chain? (Do I sound snobby enough here!?)

Asian Mistress said...

They're OK - but portions are small...and how can you get the WW thing when they have the yummy 3 course dinners...sigh.