Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Biggest Loser - Couples

Tonight they aired the episode with the 2 engaged couples trying to win a dream wedding. I am amazed at watching the transformation in these contestants - by doing just a one hour episode, you see the whole six-month projecss in just 60 minutes. It's really astounding. The couples tonight did so well - everyone lost 50 pounds or more.

It does make me a little annoyed to see how freakin' skinny the men get - they go from having really big bellies to being just cut with ripped arms and all. It really is different losing weight for men. The women look great too, but they're definitely still curvy.

The thing I liked about this episode is that they picked 2 couples that were overweight but still attractive. Once they had lost all the weight, they were so young and good-looking, you had to root for them. Who wouldn't want to win a dream wedding???

Next week they're back to doing a special family episode, and they picked 2 families that both own restaurants. Oooh, a challenge.

They are pumping their new online weight loss club - I may check it out in the future to see what advice they've got. As long as I don't have to deal with Jillian...

5 comments:

Lady Brandenburg said...

I only caught some of it - who won? And yes, I get so upset when I see the guys, I always say to DH "it's so easy for the guys!" Because as awesome as those women looked last night with less weight, there is no way they had the muscles and tone that the guys had. The guys always look like a completely different person than their "before" pictures. It is easier for guys - I'm convinced!

ScottE. said...

I disagree. Appearances are deceiving. I think if anything, maybe males have more muscles than females, but I don't know that...

That said, I've never really, really tried to loose weight, but in the times I've done the gym/exercise, nothing!

Lady Brandenburg said...

I'm sure it has to do with that fact that guys weigh more... in WW they get 4 to 6 more points to eat a day. When I go to the meetings, the guys in the meeting say "I lost 3 pounds this week" and the rest of us are happy with our little half pound to a pound weight loss. We try to be supportive of the guys in the WW meetings (it's ballsy for guys to join a mostly-female "club"), but secretly we are jealous!

Stef said...

And isn't it true that biologically women store fat differently? I think we hoard it cuz of the whole baby-making thing. Whereas men aren't programmed to store as much, so it comes off easier. At least that's what I've always believed...

ScottE. said...

at the heart of it all, we're still beasts.