Sunday, January 29, 2006

Dieting on Sale...

The highlights from this week's quick trip to Safeway:

South Beach Bars - $2.50/box of 6, usual price $3.49
Nabisco 100 Calorie Pak, Chips Ahoy - $2.50, reg price $2.99
Yoplait Nouriche Light Smoothies - $1.66, reg price $1.99
Lucerne Light Yogurt Smoothies - $1.25, reg price $1.69
Butterball Turkey Kielbasa - $3.00, reg price $3.99 (Lady B, this is my favorite brand)

I have to say, though, that Sunday night is not a good time to go to the Columbia Road Safeway. Everything is very picked over (there was no fat-free milk on the shelves) and the lines are v.v. long.

3 comments:

Lady Brandenburg said...

Same with my Safeway - by the end of the weekend, actually by Saturday night, the whole store has been picked over. I hate that, because I hate shopping on weeknights. I feel your pain.

vixen said...

that is one of the unfortunate aspects of the UnSafeway.

I usually drag my ass there early sunday mornings (no later than 10 or you get the church crowd).

and the 100-calorie chips ahoy are the most awesome thing ever.

Stef said...

I'm all for the early Saturday or early Sunday morning trips to Safeway. You're right on the before-10. Weeknights are terrible, with the hour-long lines!