Saturday, January 07, 2006

Some Great Reward

One of the best tricks I've found to keep myself motivated is to plan rewards for myself for hitting certain milestones. This is a pretty common thing - there are often threads on the WW message boards about what people are doing to give themselves non-food-related treats. It's about taking care of yourself and celebrating your successes, but it's also about training your mind away from thinking that food itself is a reward.

So my first milestone / reward... When I hit one month on plan, I'm going to take a personal day and head to a spa. I think a massage and facial would be a great treat! I officially started this diet on January 2. I have to work on 2/2 with an event that night, so February 3 shall be my official reward day. It's a Friday, so that makes it really fitting. Other WW folks are planning manicures, pedicures, new highlights, or new jeans as their rewards. I think it's fun that we tend to look for physical things that make us look and feel better, which goes along nicely with losing weight!

Now I need to check out spas in the area! It has to be close, Metro-accessible or walking distance, and reasonably priced. I think there's a new place in the 'hood, maybe on Florida Avenue. Does anyone have any recommendations?

1 comment:

Lady Brandenburg said...

Not in that 'hood, but I go to Red Door, either in Friendship Heights or Pentagon City, both very metro accessible. It's a splurge, but it's really nice!