Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Snicky-Snack

I had a pretty light lunch today - the soup/mixed greens salad at Olsson's - so I'm still feeling kinda hungry. I entered the danger zone of venturing down towards the vending machines...but they didn't have anything good. I scanned the pitiful shelves of our cafe/snack bar at work, and came across a 2-piece package of Snackwell's vanilla creme cookies and a mini Peppermint Patty. 35 cents and roughly 4 points. It's hard to calculate the points cuz I'm not sure what the mini-Patty is. But I'm still hungry. :-( Only 5.5 food points left for today (damn Safeway Cheerios nabbed me for a high point breakfast again) so it looks like I need to walk the long way home. Then I'll have enough AP's to justify a decent dinner.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Protein. You have to have protein to stave off the hunger. Could you throw some tuna or chicken on the salad?

Stef said...

I had a little protein with lunch, as it was beef barley soup. But I'm having a big all-protein dinner. I do try to get more of it during the day, usually, but those darn carby Cheerios throw me off. Damn their honey nut goodness!

Melissa said...

Just saw the banner! I LOVE IT. Now I'll stop asking every damn week.

Mandy said...

I know it sounds ungodly anal retentive, but maybe one day a week you could make yourself some little snacks to take to work, then just chuck a couple in your bag each morning? Bags of fresh veggies, nuts (clearly a small serving but it's good protein and nutrients - and you can pronounce all the ingredients.) I'm usually too lazy to do this myself, but when I've made the effort, I always feel good about it!

Good luck, and I'm really happy for you for doing so well!!

Stef said...

Oh, I have plenty of snacks at my desk. Granola bars, 100 calorie packs, raisins, yogurt-covered raisins, and dried fruit slices. I just didn't want any of them!