Sunday, May 21, 2006

A Whole Day of Food

Yesterday was a tough one. I had an all-day Board retreat, which meant all of my meals were planned by someone else. And while I didn't go completely crazy, I still pretty much ate all day long. Breakfast and lunch both included a gorgeous display of fruit - who knew Costco has the best pineapple ever? - so I did try to fill up on berries, grapes, and pineapple. But there was also quiche, and big sandwiches. And then.... cookies. Dang. I went overboard with the cookies.

And when I got home? Overboard again. My stomach was upset and I was craving salt. Instead of doing something sensible and having chicken soup or something, I went for a whole bag of chips for dinner. *Hanging head in shame.*

Don't worry, my stomach had its revenge at about 3 am. Not so pretty. And I still feel very queasy.... so I believe the chicken soup will be making its appearance today.

No comments: