Friday, May 26, 2006

A Little Slide....

Ah, the last few days have been tough. I am very tempted to fall back into last summer's routine of chips, salsa and happy hour drinks for dinner followed by orange Powerade when I get home. It's such a great summery combination, which I've had for 2 nights in a row now. Ooops.

It actually started to slip my mind this week to be tracking points, so I haven't been. How did that happen? I don't know, you get busy during the day at work then have a whole night plan and even while you're paying attention to what you're eating it never quite makes it into the online journal. And so you're never quite sure of how over you are for the day, or the week.

This weekend is definitely the kickoff to summer, as I have a day of wine tasting planned with a bbq the day after. My plan is to be good for all the meals I'm eating on my own at home - I have lots of Lean Cuisines waiting in the freezer - and then reasonably enjoying myself during my fun plans.

I head out of town next week for a visit to the family... and they know I want to eat more sensibly than in past visits. I hope they don't bring out platter-sized portions again. But Mom has already agreed that I can send her a list of things to get at the grocery store, so I can have some Stef-friendly items in their somewhat hostile Atkins and South Beach home. It seems all they ever have is meat, cheese, ice cream, real eggs, and iceberg lettuce. Eeek!

No comments: