Monday, July 17, 2006

Phew!

I just tried on my Gala outfit. It's the same outfit I wore at least year's Gala - a nicely-fitted black skirt, a satiny purple shell, and a black sheer shrug. Since my mother would kill me if she knew I was someone who buys an outfit and may only wear it once... I have to wear it again this year. And I actually do really like it, it's fun and kind of sassy. Anyway, I digress...

The good news is that the outfit still fits! I think I'm going to have the top altered a bit to make it shorter. Right now it's really long and comes almost to the top of my thighs. But when I pull up the hem so that it hits right on my hip line, it's about a million times more flattering. Other than that alteration, though, the outfit is good to go!

So that means that not much has changed in a year - which is good or bad, depending on how you look at it. But at least now I don't have to stress about losing a certain amount of weight just to be able to *wear* the outfit; I can just try to slim down a bit to make the outfit look even better. That's a relief!

1 comment:

GwenMarieDC said...

Excellent! Yeah for you! Congrats on your Challenge's week 1 success!