Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Gotta Try This!

The NYTimes has another great article talking about the new styles of premium ice cream that have been making their way into the market over the last few years. Apparently new techniques - involving some kind of fish protein??? - are making for tasty, rich, creamy ice cream with a lot less fat. I think I'm going to have to do a taste test. You know, for the good of all of you, my readers.... right???

Plus the 2nd page of the article includes some interesting stats and science behind low-fat and reduced-fat ice cream in general. Worth a read!

3 comments:

Dezel Quillen said...

Thank You kindly for looking out for us readers Stef! Dezel will stick to Ben and Jerrys Half Baked (which is low fat / low cal), which is very delicious until you update this entry with the results. Every 9 days or so me and Mr Half Baked get together : )

Whats your favorite ?

Happy Sipping!

Stef said...

Dezel: I am a half-baked fan myself! I don't remember the name of the flavor, but it's the one with both the cookie dough and the brownie chunks in a chocolate frozen yogurt. Yeah, I get together with that half-baked about every 2 weeks or so myself.... ;-)

Dezel Quillen said...

Hello Stef,

FYI, just left Safeway and good ole' Ben & Jerry's is on sale (2 for $6).

I think we are talking about the same flavor here; I enjoy the Low Fat frozen yogurt series of ice cream B&J puts out. The flavor is Half Baked and it has chocolate and vanilla low fat ice cream, with fudge brownies and chocolate chip cookie dough (yummy). Its several other flavors as well to enjoy.

Happy Eating (this time)!

Dezel