Sunday, July 16, 2006

My 1st Challenge Week

So how did my first week of my 10 week challenge go?

Ah, so-so. I accomplished the following:

  • I ate a lot more fruits and veggies. But some of those were in the form of awesome fresh berry sundaes (see my other blog post for today) and lots of veggie items on an Indian food buffet.
  • I did drink a lot more water than normal, but still not enough on a daily basis.
  • I cut back on starch - I had very few sandwiches and no pasta, and I even cut back on the starchy snacks. There was some rice and some multigrain crackers here and there, but not nearly as much as usual.
  • I did work out 4 times - not 5 like I planned, but it's still pretty good.
  • I *bought* new seafood things to try, in the form of frozen fish at Whole Foods, but I haven't cooked them yet. It's too darn hot to turn on the oven.
  • I tracked all of my points for the week. So even though I ended up -36.5 points for the week (as in I used twice the usual Flexie allowance), at least I recorded it all.

We'll see if there are any results on the scale tomorrow. I'm not sure if there will be. I've been really well hydrated today, but that Indian buffet may still want to make its presence known when I weigh in. I'll let you know.

No comments: