Saturday, March 04, 2006

My Next Reward!

Thanks to Lady B's good suggestion, I have decided on what my next reward will be. When I hit the 15-pound mark, I'm gonna splurge and buy myself some cooking supplies! I want a good chef's knife and a new skillet. Depending on prices, I could go for a knife set. Scotte and Dancer in DC were giving me some good tips on what to look for in a knife, so I feel a little more confident as I'm trolling around looking at the options on Amazon. I may make it a whole-day reward, and plan to take a day off, hop in a ZipCar, and head to the big Cherry Hill Road Target for my cookware shopping. I'm not promising that having better equipment will suddenly, magically turn me into a chef - or even someone who truly enjoys cooking - but I do think it'll help give me more options. Just being able to chop vegetables and cube a chicken breast would be an improvement!

2 comments:

ScottE. said...

I've cooked at places other than my own home...and if the knife isn't good...I dont' want to do it...so good knife really helps. Good Times!

Lady Brandenburg said...

A good knife really really makes cooking easier and less of a chore. We have a great set - I couldn't believe when we first got it how WONDERFUL it was to have good equipment (and I don't necessarily love cooking either, BTW)