Thursday, April 13, 2006

What I'm Thinking

I'm trying to think about ways to get myself out of this vicious cycle of stressing about what I'm eating and then feeling guilty about what I ate. I love Velvet's idea of taking a break for a week, but I'm gonna try to take just a 1/2 step down and maybe take a break from the counting of points for a little while. What am I saying, I've been taking a break from that for a while! But actually thinking about what I'm eating, focusing on healthy stuff and portion sizes, without stressing over the point value each time.

And maybe for a while I'll just record what I eat here, for all of you, so there's still some level of accountability? There's less silent shame (seriously) if I'm sharing my good choices and my mistakes. I hope it's not too boring for you. But I think I'll try it for a little while and weigh in on Monday and see how it goes.

So, what I've eaten so far today:

Breakfast:
An omelet of egg beaters, 1 slice of canadian bacon and some shredded cheese

Snack:
South Beach peanut butter bar

Lunch:
cup of tomato vegetable soup
1/2 ham and cheese sandwich
handful of tortilla chips
oatmeal raisin cookie

Snack:
100 calorie pack of those peanut cookies
(Wohoo - successfully avoided cake at the staff meeting!)

Splurge Snack at Home:
the rest of last night's Tostitos and black bean dip

What I'm planning for actual dinner:
Lite Caesar salad kit

Dessert:
Maybe a sugar free pudding cup

Not too bad, actually, in terms of healthy items and decent portion sizes. Other than that chips and dip snack, of course, but I did eat that knowing it was a splurge. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

No comments: