Saturday, April 22, 2006

Checking In

As you might have guessed, I ended up taking a slight break this week from the WW world. I sort of decided by default to just enjoy the week, still trying to eat sensibly but not obsessively. And I have had a good time! I'm proud, though, that I didn't go hog-wild and order 8 pizzas and 2 dozen donuts or anything like that. I've still eaten mostly the right things, just a little more of them. :-)

I've had a few cookies and a piece of cake for a coworker's birthday, plus a whole lot of alcohol the last two nights... but other than that, I've still had pretty much the same kind of food I have been eating. Some pork chops, some spaghetti, some vegetarian chili (I did splurge on a deelish fatty corn muffin!), a steak, and some gourmet thin-crust pizza. But, like I said, no marathon Ben & Jerry's sessions or Velveeta shells & cheese.

I feel pretty good about this, and if I see another pound or two on Monday, I can accept that. I think I'll continue this break next week - though I'll plan to post more often - cuz I'm going away on a conference and it will be very hard to manage my meals over those 5 days of events, lectures, and hotel food....

So my plan now is to recommit in the month of May and see how well I do at slimming down a bit for my cute spring and summer clothes. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would you ever consider writing for AgentFour.com? Yeah, it is sort of weird to take pictures of food, but your writing is great and we need some variety. If you're curious, check out AgentFour and/or send an email to agentfour - !at! - gmail.com