Saturday, January 27, 2007

Ugh

Hey kids, sorry I haven't been posting. I've been officially sick for over a week now, and the whole diet-exercise-health thing has not been going well.

It started out with a 3-day stomach upset last week that may have been related to some questionable pot luck items or that may have been a harbinger of me catching something. Then over the weekend I caught the DC January cold, which led to 3 days in bed with a bad sore throat and then the painful, swollen glands thing. So now I'm on antibiotics and decongestants, and I've started taking expectorant to try to get rid of all the last vestiges of the cold. BUT, now I think that OTC cocktail has done something not so good, and I'm back to a really bad tummy situation. And all I want to do is stay in bed....

So I have not been eating normally or very well all week, and I have not exercised at all. I've had to cancel a bunch of things that I really should've done (sorry!) and I've basically become a lump sitting on my couch or sitting at my desk. I really want to eat a big fresh healthy fruit-and-veggie meal, but my tummy is demanding bland and starchy stuff.

I didn't weigh in this week, and I'm worried about what the scale will say this Monday. But, I'll take it as it comes, cuz I've just gotta keep doing what I need to get rid of this darn sick. I'm so ready to be done with it!

No comments: