Sunday, January 07, 2007

More Wrap Fun

I have another new favorite treat that came out of The Biggest Loser cookbook. Really, it's so simple it's hard to believe it even requires a recipe.... it's a PBJ wrap!

I start with a fat free whole wheat tortilla. Then spoon on about 1 tbsp of reduced fat peanut butter - Peter Pan is my favorite brand - and spread it thinly across the whole tortilla. Then add about 1 tsp of jam/jelly - I'm using Smuckers Low Sugar strawberry preserves -and spread it as well. Roll the whole thing up, and you have a pretty healthy, VERY tasty, childhood-nostalgia treat!

I tried using a banana with peanut butter on a wrap last night, but actually that made it a wee bit TOO sweet. I'm not sure how the banana is sweeter than the strawberry preserves, but there you have it. I'm sticking with the strawberry.

I've been eating them for breakfast and for snacks.... really, these little things are now a staple.

No comments: