Saturday, November 25, 2006

Sweet!

I have a new love: sweet potatoes. I had a fantastic s.p. as a side dish in Charleston, and Mom gave me tips on how she eats them all the time at home. So I got a giant 1+ pound s.p. in my grocery delivery today and went to town:



I cooked it in the microwave for 10 minutes, whole with no piercing of the skin, then topped it with a little I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light and some ground cinnamon. HEAVEN.

And the nutritional benefits? Well, a little searching on the Internets will tell you that the sweet potato is just about the most perfect food ever. It has more Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and dietary fiber than you can shake a stick at, it's filled with powerful antioxidants, plus a whole lot more.

Now my new mission is to find lots of ways to incorporate sweet potatoes into my regular diet. It sounds like there are some great recipes out there - let me know if you have any favorites!

No comments: