Sunday, November 26, 2006

I Couldn't Take It!

What would you call the food version of an earworm? You know, something that gets stuck in your head and you just can't get rid of it? Well, I had that happen with food this weekend, and the power of suggestion proved much stronger than my will.

Friday night, Onyah and I saw the movie "Stranger than Fiction." It was really sweet - and there was a key scene that involved the baking and eating of homemade chocolate chip cookies. I leaned over and said "Wow, now I really want cookies." And from that moment on, I couldn't stop thinking about them.

I was really good today and ate a lot of fresh, fiber-rific stuff. But by tonight, my tummy was a little upset and I felt in need of comforting. So I just decided "what the heck!" and went downstairs to the basement store. I bought a package of Nestle Tollhouse break-and-bakes and turned on the oven.

The package is cut into 24 squares. I fit 18 on a cookie sheet and popped them in the oven, then proceeded to eat the raw dough of 3 cookies while I waited for the buzzer. Ah, sweet evil cookie dough! Then when they were ready, I totally basked in the gooey, chocolatey goodness. Mmmmmm. But so bad!

I guess the only good news out of this is that when I found myself feeling full, after about 5 of the baked cookies, I threw all of the rest away. So there's no chance of eating the rest of the batch tomorrow. Really, cookies are only that heavenly straight out of the oven.

Well, at least now that movie no longer has evil power over me! I'm just very afraid of tomorrow's post-Thanksgiving AND post-Tollhouse weigh-in!

No comments: