Saturday, September 09, 2006

'Tis the Season

It's Gala season for me, folks. That means it's my most stressful and busiest time of the year at work. Usually, yes, this is the time when I gain the most weight each year from the stress-eating and the lack of a normal schedule. I'm trying to be better than I normally am this time of year, but I'm still recognizing that life is challenging enough right now and I'm not forcing myself to worry about food. After the Gala, I can get back on track and start hitting the gym again start leaving work at a normal hour and all of that.

For now, though, it's all about prepping for the event. Which means that I went to the tasting earlier this week. Trust me, if you love food and if you ever get the opportunity to go to a caterer's tasting, DO IT. :-) I got to sample so much yummy goodness... 12 different kinds of hors d'ouevres, two different first courses with different fancy bread sides, two different main courses with all the veggie and starch sides, and two different delectable dessert courses. MMMMMMMMMMM. Sure, I got sick that night from having way too much rich stuff, but it was still so worth it. I probably won't eat food that well-prepared again for another year!

No comments: