Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Cherry Blossom Workout?

Since Willard Scott told me today was really the day to head down to see the cherry blossoms before the storms come through and knock 'em all down... I packed my trusty sneakers, sunscreen, a t-shirt and camera to change into after work and I made my way down to the Tidal Basin. Check my other blog for some photos I'm especially proud of.

But you know what else I'm proud of? I had a totally fantastic time, just me and my camera and my iPod, walking around the monuments for 2 1/2 hours. By the end of it, my feet and my quads were feeling it, and I'm sure I'll be stiff and sore tomorrow.

The great time that I had was totally inspiring, as I kept thinking of future Mall walking trips I want to take when the weather is good. Bringing that camera along is key. It keeps me engaged and leads to a workout by default! :-)

No comments: