Saturday, October 28, 2006

Doggie Style

No, not that.....! I am so excited to report that I did something very unusual for me not once, but TWICE, this week! Again, not that!

I had dinner plans with friends at 2 different restaurants during the week, and for a nice little change I actually found myself deciding NOT to finish everything and getting leftovers wrapped up to take home. Woohoo! See, normally, I would feel compelled to clean my plate no matter how full I felt. But instead, I got a huge bowl of noodles wrapped up from the Asian place on Tuesday, and so I had another filling meal of soup at home for dinner on Wednesday. And I ordered the chicken skewers with rice at a Greek place on Thursday, and only ate 1 kabob. I had the other and more than 1/2 the rice for dinner at home last night.

Wow -- these choices not only helped prevent me from pigging out, they also helped stretch 2 meals into 4 nights. That saved a pretty penny or two! I may just have to explore the doggie bag option again!

No comments: