Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's a Start

I know I'm not a very disciplined exerciser, so sometimes I have to force it into my routine. And today, I did just that. I had planned to rent a Zipcar for an hour to do a massive clothing donation haul, driving bags of clothes the 5 blocks or so to the big charity bins. But, this morning, fueled by my scale-induced self-loathing, I cancelled the car (for a fee) and loaded up my old-lady-cart instead. I trucked 7 bags' worth of clothes on foot, and worked up quite a sweat in the cart vs. old sidewalks uphill battle. I didn't fit it all in to one cartload, so that means not only did I force a little activity into my morning this time, I've got plans to do it again sometime soon.

I know, it's not a revolution or rocket science, but I've got to push myself to make any progress. So, as I said, it's a start.

No comments: