Sunday, December 10, 2006

New Ideas

I recently shelled out some dough to purchase The Biggest Loser cookbook, hoping to find some inspiration for some new healthy meals I could make at home. And guess what? There are actually a bunch of great, EASY recipes that could help get me out of the boring frozen-entree and pasta routine I've been stuck in!

First up, it's such an easy idea.... but I'd never thought of it so to me it's truly revolutionary: WRAPS! The cookbook had a simple recipe for a turkey-and-cream cheese wrap, but I've jazzed it up a little bit with some fresh produce. (Thank you, Mr. Safeway Delivery Man!)

I used a Mission brand heart-healthy, crazy low fat whole wheat tortilla. I then spread about 1 tbsp of light garden veggie cream cheese and topped it with 4 slices of Healthy Choice low fat honey roasted/smoked turkey. Then, a whole pile of alfalfa sprouts and about 1/2 of a vine-ripened tomato.

I took a bunch of pictures to share, but apparently Blogger's being a b****tch today and won't let me upload them. But I learned 2 tidbits for next time when making this wrap -- first of all, cut the tomato into very thin slices, otherwise the wrap won't roll and things will fall out; and secondly, use a little dab of cream cheese as the "glue" to seal the sides of the wrap together once it's all rolled up. Important things to know!

This was such a super-easy yummy lunch! Oh yes, there will be more wraps in my future!

No comments: