Saturday, December 30, 2006

Motivating Tunes

Y'all know that I'm still very much a beginner at the gym. Heck, the hardest part of exercise is forcing myself to go to the gym in the first place!

But, today I did it. And it was a little bit of a worst-case scenario, cuz when I got in there it was really crowded and all of my favorite machines were being used by tiny little fit twentysomethings.

I soldiered on, though, and pushed myself to do the most I've done in a long time - programs on both the bike AND the treadmill. Go me!

Part of the reason I was happy to stay down there was.... you guessed it! A new iTunes playlist! Here were today's motivating tunes, both from the warm-up all the way to the cool-down:

- Another Saturday Night - Cat Stevens
- Complicated - Avril Lavigne
- Desert Rose - Sting
- An Englishman in New York - Sting
- Extraordinary - Liz Phair
- Mr. Brightside - The Killers
- Rock DJ - Robbie Williams
- Sex-O-Matic Venus Freak - Macy Gray
- SexyBack - Justin Timberlake
- Some Fantastic - Barenaked Ladies
- The River is Wild - The Killers
- Used to Love U - John Legen
- Where is the Love? - Black-Eyed Peas

Good stuff! Nothing helps keep you moving like a few good songs....

No comments: